DenonDJ has come out with a new midi DJ controller called the MC4000 in line with the former controllers MC2000, MC3000,MC6000 and the current MC6000MK2. The build quality looks to be a metal chassis as always. Questions were raised as about the quality of future products when they were bought by Proaudio conglomerate InMusic who already owned Numark, Akai, Alesis, Maudio to name a few. Its nice to see the build quality and design has not deviated. As a Dj Denon has always put attention to detail in there products. Of coarse, one of my favs is the Split Cue function a standard on DenonDJ devices. The Mc4000 also includes 2 mic inputs which again a nice added benefit wether you need it or not. List price is noted @ $399 USD ……Street price should be slightly lower. One important fact that is becoming apparent in 2015 is the amount of licensing Serato is doing with audio partners. The pressure in definitely on Native Instruments to stay onto of there game. The MC4000 comes with Serato intro which for the price isn’t bad a discounted upgrade maybe available? As far as Traktor, Denon will have .tsi mappings available to download. This looks like a solid unit for the Mobile DJ or Bedroom DJ and for the price you can’t go wrong with quality of build, hopefully I can get a demo unit to give an in-depth video review when they are released. until then i have included the official product statement from DenonDJ below.
DENON DJ EXPANDS PREMIUM CONTROLLER LINEUP WITH NEW MC4000
New DJ solution offers a peerless combination of features and build quality for professionals.
Cumberland, RI (January 22, 2015)—Denon DJ (denondj.com), a leading manufacturer of premium DJ products and solutions, announces a new addition to its distinguished line of professional controllers. Debuting at the 2015 Winter NAMM Show, the MC4000 continues Denon DJ’s reputation for innovative features, dependability, and peerless value.
The all-new MC4000 is a 2-deck Serato MIDI controller for the professional DJ, wrapping in- demand audio manipulation tools in a robust steel chassis. In addition to precision touch- activated jog wheels, performers get access to dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on-the-fly creativity. Long-throw 100mm pitch faders and an intuitive control layout deliver natural operation when balancing complex set elements. Known for their emphasis on sound quality, Denon DJ includes a premium 24-bit audio output path for noticeably clearer mixes. Denon DJ’s highly regarded dual microphone inputs are complemented by a studio-grade echo effect, and “ducking” feature—effortlessly moving vocals to the top of the mix without riding faders. The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Intro and will be compatible with Traktor 2, and Virtual DJ 8.
“The MC line has always represented premium features for discerning DJs,” noted Silvio Zeppieri, Denon DJ Product Manager. “The new MC4000 punches well above its weight by including the tools DJs need to drive a memorable event. The layout, portability, audio quality, the inputs and outputs—it’s spot-on for Mobile Entertainers, and we cannot wait for the world to get their hands on it.”
- ● Premium 2-Deck controller for Serato
- ● Includes Serato DJ Intro; user-upgradeable to Serato DJ
- ● Touch-activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing
- ● Dedicated hot-cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback
- ● Long-throw, 100mm pitch faders
- ● All-new control layout for effortless, intuitive use
- ● Dedicated EQ and FX controls on each channel
- ● (2) balanced mic inputs with 2-band EQ, Ducking, and Echo effect
- ● Compatible with Traktor 2 (via .tsi files) and Virtual DJ 8
- ● RCA Aux input for external device mixing
- ● Balanced Main and Booth Outputs
- ● Pro-grade steel constructionThe MC4000 will be available later in 2015 for $399.99. The new Serato DJ controller and several other new innovations from Denon DJ will be exhibited at the 2015 Winter NAMM show, January 22-25 in Hall A, Booth 6010, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. For more information visit www.denondj.com/WNAMM2015